Tyndall Park Twisters
Our Team is Strong!
Our team is going to have a great time paddling for all Manitobans and their families who are on a cancer journey!
The Canadian Cancer Society funds more research every year than any other national charity and most importantly, it gets results
* Research funded by the Society has allowed doctors to detect cancer sooner, improve treatments and get better outcomes so more people live
* The Society funds research into all forms of cancer from the most common to the rarest form
The Society also provides vital community based programs and services that support cancer patients and their families from getting cancer patients to and from treatment to providing counselling, wigs, and breast prosthesis
The Cancer society also speaks up for cancer patients ensuring that all levels of government remain responsive to the changing needs of cancer patients and thri families.
* In 2011, with the support of Manitobans, the Society convinced the provincial government to cover the cost cancer treatment and support drugs for patients fighting cancer at home (on an out-patient basis)
* No other charity worked for this change!
* Since the Home Cancer Drug Program was introduced 14,484 Manitoba families have benifited. The program has covered nearly $82 million in drug costs at a time when family incomes are declining and costs increasing
Dragon Boat Festival is going to be loads of fun so come out and cheer us on! Or better still, click that Donate button to help win the fight against cancer! You will be making a valuble contribution to important research while you help us reach our fundraising goal. If you like, your name will appear in the donor list, but don't worry if you want to give anonymously, you can say so and your name will not appear.
Thank you for your support and we will see you at the Festival!
Help us reach our fundraising goal
With your help, we can continue to make a difference in the fight against cancer! Please pledge for my team in the Canadian Cancer Society Dragon Boat Festival and help us reach our fundraising goal.
Online pledging is secure and it saves the Canadian Cancer Society money by reducing administrative costs.
Thanks for your support!