We’re here to help you increase your fundraising! Check out our tools and resources, so you can maximize your success and reach your fundraising goal.
Asking for donations
Personalized emails and phone calls are great ways to continue online fundraising. When approaching people for online donations, consider asking family and friends and even neighbours or colleagues. With thousands of Canadians affected by breast cancer, people would appreciate the opportunity to get involved and offer whatever they can to help ensure no one faces breast cancer alone.
Here’s how you can encourage people to support your fundraising:
- Recommend different amounts for people to donate. People often appreciate some direction — especially if they haven’t donated before.
- Be enthusiastic! In addition to funding groundbreaking research, tell people about the Canadian Cancer Society’s support programs and services for people impacted by breast cancer. Remind people about our online and phone-based support programs, which more Canadians have been relying on during this challenging time.
- Follow up. Life gets busy, and often, people could use the reminder to donate.
- Want more fundraising tips for a virtual environment? Download our Fundraising Toolkit for more online fundraising ideas.
- Use this toolkit to help your team sign up, fundraise and get excited for the CIBC Run for the Cure while making a meaningful difference.
- Make the most of your Fundraising Centre with this easy how-to guide.
- Every year, companies across the country form teams for the CIBC Run for the Cure. Our Corporate Engagement resources explain how to get your workplace involved and make a difference.
- Our Corporate toolkit explains how to get your workplace involved and create a corporate team.
- Does your employer have a matching gift program? Complete our corporate matching form to be eligible for a tax receipt.
Using your Fundraising Centre and our mobile app
Our Fundraising Centre and the CIBC Run for the Cure mobile app are designed to help you make the most of your Run. Here’s how you can use your fundraising page and the app to maximize your online fundraising.
Download the official CIBC Run for the Cure app. Manage and share your Run experience on the go with our refreshed mobile and tablet application, available for free on the App Store and Google Play. Fundraise and connect with others through social media and email, update your web pages and check your fundraising progress — all from the palm of your hand.
Create a personalized Run avatar! Use our CIBC Run for the Cure app or log in to your Fundraising Centre to create your Run avatar and share it on social media using #CIBCRunfortheCure. You can customize and dress up your avatar with fun accessories like a Run t-shirt, tutu, cowboy hat and custom pant colour to make it your own. The more you fundraise, the more features you will unlock for your avatar! On Run Day, your avatar can run alongside you every step of the way.
Track your activity. Use the app’s Google Fit, Apple Health, Fitbit or Garmin integration and challenge yourself to walk or run as much as you can leading up to Run Day. Share your progress on social media and complete challenges for the chance to win prizes!
Personalize your page. Add a photo and share why you will never stop running. Teams and individuals who personalize their pages raise more money and are more successful in reaching their goals. Share your avatar on your page as well!
Send out your page. Use the Fundraising Centre’s share link button in the central dashboard to text or email your page to potential donors — they can donate to you from there.
Share on social. Our social sharing buttons will share your fundraising page on your social platforms with a customizable message asking for donations. Share your Run avatar and update your friends and family on your progress using the hashtag #CIBCRunfortheCure.
Earn fundraising badges. Challenge yourself to collect a badge in your Fundraising Centre for raising $150, $300, $500, and more! You’ll unlock exciting rewards for each milestone you reach.