Get inspired to become a Cancer Fighter
Kathy Andrews’ son was just a toddler when she was diagnosed with extremely aggressive cancer. She feared she would miss out on all the special moments in his life, and worried about how her husband and child would cope without her.
Fortunately, cancer treatments have come a long way, thanks in large part to investments in cancer research. Kathy’s cancer journey was long and difficult, but with the love of her family and trusted information and compassionate support from CCS at every stage, Kathy made it through and is now cancer-free.
“The love of my family, and the support of the Canadian Cancer Society, got me through.”
With the holidays approaching, and the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, more and more people affected by cancer will be turning to CCS to help them cope. That’s why they need your help now, more than ever.
Virtual fundraising ideas that make a difference
If you have the passion, but you’re not sure how to turn it into action, then take a look at these online fundraising ideas!
- Hold a Reading Challenge - Set a goal of reading 5, 10 or however many books you like in a month and ask your family and friends to make donations to support your goal. This is a good way to get younger readers involved as well!
- Set up a Fitness Challenge - Challenge friends, virtually, to see who is the fittest with a series of challenges such as push ups, chin ups or sit ups. Collect online donations as you reach your goal!
- Hold an indoor Walk-a-thon - Set a step goal and then invite friends and family to sponsor you. You’ll be surprised how far you can walk without leaving your own home!
- Put on a virtual live concert - Dust off those musical talents and stage a live online concert for friends and family and ask for donations.
- Instead of gifts, ask for donations - To mark your birthday, anniversary, baby shower, wedding or another special occasion, ask family and friends to make an online donation and forgo gifts.
- Host a trivia night - Online trivia is a fantastic way to entertain people, promote some friendly competition and let people show off their skills! Ask for donations as a virtual “ticket” to your trivia night.
Be a Cancer Fighter Get started