Reduce Your Risk
You can play a vital role in reducing your risk of developing breast cancer.
Here are some important tips:
- Get screened regularly according to recommended guidelines.
- Stay active! Physical activity contributes to greater overall health.
- Maintain a healthy weight: having a lower percentage of body fat can positively influence hormone levels, which decreases risk.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink to fewer than two drinks per day. If you can, avoid alcohol altogether.
- Avoid second-hand smoke. If you smoke, try to quit.
- Know your body! Talk to your doctor about any unusual changes to your breasts.
- Be aware of the risks involved with taking hormones.