Welcome to Anita's Page!
Please Support My Participation in this Fabulous Event!
I was recruited to participate in the Dragon Boat challenge for the first time ever.
This will be a challenge for me on many levels.
My dad passed away from cancer when I was 13, so it really does touch all of us at some point in our lives.
Help me in the fight against cancer by pledging me for my participation in the Canadian Cancer Society Dragon Boat Festival. Help me in the fight against cancer by pledging me for my participation in the Canadian Cancer Society Dragon Boat Festival.
* Research funded by the Society has allowed doctors to detect cancer sooner, improve treatments and get better outcomes so more people live
* The Society funds research into all foms of cancer from the most common to the rarest form
The Society also provides vital community based programs that support manitoba cancer patients and their families from getting cancer patients to and from treatment to providing counselling, wigs and breast prosthesis
The Cancer Society also speaks up for cancer patients ensuring that all levels of government remainresponsive to the changing needs of cancer patients and their families.
* In 2011, with the support of Manitobans,the Society convinced the provincial government to cover the cost of cancer treatment and support drugs for people fighting cancer at home (on an out-patient basis)
* No other charity worked for this change!
* Since the Home Cancer Drug Program was introduced, 14,484 Manitoba families have benifited. The program ha covered nearly $82 million in drug costs at a time when family incomes are declining and costs increasing.
You can help to fuel the cancer fight by supporting my participation in the Canadian Cancer Society Dragon Boat Festival now. It's easy - just click on the red "Donate Now" button on the right side of this page.
If you want to learn more about the Canadian Cancer Society, visit http://www.cancer.ca.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.