R2S Dirty 200km - Riding to Beat Cancer
COVID 19 has meant the Cancellation of large group gatherings for the foreseeable future. As Cyclist we've been inconvenienced but for registered charities the damage is catastrophic. Did you know that Ride2Survive is the largest independent cancer fundraising event in the country? This year that means millions of dollars of desperately needed funding will not get raised unless we do something.
As avid cyclists, and concerned citizens, we are getting together "vitually" to help out. Similar to the historic Ride2Suvive which was a one day 400km road ride from Kelowna to Delta we are going to complete a one day 200km Dirt only ride. The 2020 R2SDirty200. Trust me when I say that 200kms on dirt by yourself is every bit as demanding as 400km of pavement riden as a supported group. Every rider who participates will be making a personal sacrifice worthy of your support!
Ride2Survive and R2S Dirty200 are 100% efficient for you the donar. What that means is that 100% of every dollar you donate goes directly to Cancer research here in British Columbia. Nothing is taken off your donation for admin or overhead.
- Each rider will complete 200km's of dirt and single track riding on their own and send in the GPS tracks to verify their completion.
- Each rider has until the end of July to complete their event but they must start and finish their event within a single 24hour period.
- All of the riders who take part will ride at a time of their own choosing but together we will pool our fund raising efforts for cancer research. This is something we can all get behind.
- Most riders will be riding between 12 - 18 hours to get this done and it's suppose to mimic just ONE day in the life of a person who is battling cancer.
- Check back from time to time and we will update our fund raising goals and our list of registered riders here on this page.
- COVID-19 will eventually pass into the history books but Cancer waits for no one.
- With Covid we must helpless wait it out but this is something we can take control of and make a difference in peoples lives.
- The first 10 riders you support have already received a $50 dollar donation.
- The rider who raises the most money will have another $500 donated to the cause.
Thank you in advance for your generous support. Regardless of the rider you are supporting we are all in this together.
Robert Trainor on behalf of all R2SDirty200 participants.
Committed Riders (as of June 10 2020)
1. Robert Trainor
2. Gary Egli
3. Brett Trainor
4. Brook Trainor
5. Dory Schjelderup
6. Dennis Wangler
7. Rob Parniak
8. Tricia Spooner
9. Colleen Ellison
Fundraising Status to June 9th: Raised $7000.00