I am participating in 2020 Daffodil Dash | Vancouver to support the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society.
My family has a history of battling cancer. Seeing my loved ones being affected by it is heartbreaking. I pray for the day that cancer is no longer a threat to human life. My goal is to raise awareness.
Here are some quick facts about cancer:
- 1 in 2 Canadians (45% of men and 43% of women) is expected to develop cancer during their lifetime.
- 1 out of 4 Canadians (26% of men and 23% of women) is expected to die from cancer.
It is estimated that in 2019:
- 113,000 Canadian men will be diagnosed with cancer and 43,300 men will die from cancer.
- 107,400 Canadian women will be diagnosed with cancer and 38,700 women will die from cancer.
- On average, 604 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer every day.
- On average, 225 Canadians will die from cancer every day.
The money raised from this event helps fund leading-edge cancer research that is improving cancer treatments, preventing cancer and saving lives; provide reliable and up-to-date information on cancer, risk reduction and treatment; offer vital community-based support services for people living with cancer and their families; and advocate for healthy public policies.
Every pledge takes us one step further in the fight against cancer. Online pledging is secure and it saves the Canadian Cancer Society money by reducing administrative costs.
Thank you for taking the time to read this page. I sincerely appreciate it.