Welcome to Utilismart's 2021 Golf Classic Fundraiser
WE'RE CANCER FIGHTERS. ARE YOU?
This year we have chosen to support the Canadian Cancer Society as part of our annual golf day fundraiser. For a small organization like Utilismart, in combination with our generous customers and partners, we have raised over $110,000 since the inception of our annual Golf Classic. We're extremely proud of this achievement and look forward to continuing this tradition of giving back.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we are committed to uniting and inspiring Canadians to take control of cancer. That’s why we are always funding high performance research that improves cancer outcomes and addresses the greatest opportunities for progress. It’s why we lead change in the most pressing areas of cancer policy including prevention, access, affordability and support. And it’s why we provide the highest quality cancer information for all Canadians, promote cancer prevention and provide targeted support to help people with cancer, their families and caregivers cope.
COVID- 19 response:
The Canadian Cancer Society works with government to bring about healthy public policies that will help prevent cancer and improve the lives of people living with cancer and their caregivers.
Cancer doesn’t stop being a life-changing and life-threatening disease in the middle of a global health pandemic. People living with cancer are among the most vulnerable in our communities right now and are at higher risk of more serious outcomes from COVID-19. Quarantines and physical distancing measures, while necessary, isolate people with cancer from their family support network, compounding the stress and anxiety that comes with a cancer diagnosis and during treatment. This is especially a concern among seniors, where cancer rates are higher.
As the voice for Canadians who care about cancer, Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is committed to bringing forward the concerns of those affected by cancer to all levels of government to ensure their needs are reflected in the medium and long-term response to COVID-19.
The immediate impact of COVID-19 on people with cancer is easy to understand, but the long-term effects will be equally devastating and action needs to be taken now to mitigate. The Canadian Cancer Society encourages all governments and health organizations to apply the following guiding principles to their health care decision making:
- All Canadians must have equitable access to the cancer drugs they require without financial hardship, regardless of where they live and where the drugs are taken. This requires ensuring that take-home cancer drugs are covered in every region and that drug shortages are addressed.
- All people with cancer must have access to high-quality, person-centered palliative care and end-of-life care regardless of their age or where they live.
- Caregivers are an essential part of healthcare team and must be allowed to accompany people with cancer to treatments and appointments.
- Equitable access to transportation and accommodations to help people get to and from cancer appointments must be enhanced as part of the health system.
- •Health systems must continuously assess how they provide virtual care, understanding the benefits, risks and optimal implementation to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Provinces and territories need to take steps to reduce the impact of a second wave of COVID-19 for all Canadians, but especially people living with cancer who rely on our health care system.
- Consideration must be given to the timing of the vaccines for people with cancer and healthcare providers should be empowered to determine the best timing of the second dose based on the unique circumstances of their patients
- People with cancer should be prioritized to receive the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before the general population.
- Thank you again for signing up to be a Cancer Fighter. Creating a world where no one fears cancer is only achievable when we work with people united by the same goals, together we are a force-for-life in the face of cancer.
Make your donation online – it’s fast, secure and will reduce administrative costs so more of your support goes towards the fight against cancer.
The Utilismart Team
Proceeds from my fundraiser will support Where the need is greatest
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.